Rand Baldwin firstname.lastname@example.org
Solid track record over many years of directing eCommerce, web design, development, and all forms of Internet marketing for high-profile high-traffic corporate sites and campaigns.
- Reno-Tahoe ADDY Award Winner (Best Website, Consumer, HTML)
- Romero Gold Award Winner (Excellence in Web & Internet Marketing)
- Romero Diamond Award Winner (Excellence in Email Marketing)
- Romero Diamond Award Winner (Excellence in VIP Promotion)
Passionate about using best practices, web standards, and the latest techniques to build award-winning web sites that are effective across multiple platforms and devices. Solid understanding of how languages and technologies work together to build robust sites and ecommerce systems. Proficient with Photoshop, good eye for design and efficient UI/UX.
Thorough understanding of Internet Marketing (Search/SEO, Display Advertising, Email, Social, Mobile/SMS), from the psychology to the mechanics, proven by extremely strong analytics and growth statistics.
Excellent communication and customer relation skills, comfortable and experienced working with people at all levels of an organization, as well as outside service providers. Proactive, work well without supervision, well-organized, good attention to detail. Good team player, diplomatic, good sense of humor, easy to work with.
I am driven by a passion for excellence, have an exceptional work ethic, and a spotless reputation for integrity. I have made solid contributions everywhere I have worked, and have excellent references to back it up!
For the techies who recognize the buzzwords, acronyms, and phrases that are imperative ingredients for stellar online results, here are some favorites that are firmly in my wheelhouse….
- web standards, responsive design, mobile first, adaptive, media query
- psd, color theory, ui, ux, typography, css zen garden
- seo, sem, uniques, engagement, bounce rate
- delivered, opened, clicked, converted
- follow, viral, #, @
March 2009 – April 2012: Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, Director of eCommerce
- Development and management of over a dozen corporate web sites
- Multiple mobile apps and web applications for iPhone, Android, and other popular phones.
- Earned numerous awards, including ADDYs for design and Romeros for design and marketing.
- Internet marketing across multiple channels including Search/SEO, Display Advertising, Email, Social, and Mobile/SMS.
- Produced strong online marketing and social media results (including 200% growth in Facebook fan base to over 22,000 followers).
- Developed online customer satisfaction / survey system that resulted in improved customer communication, plus significantly increased ratings at social and travel sites.
- Customized online booking and eCommerce systems.
- Used extensive analytics to monitor and tune sites and booking systems.
- Negotiated numerous contracts and managed vendor relations.
- Managed large department budgets.
- Managed all domain registration, dns records, and web servers.
- Worked with other directors on marketing plans, and identity / branding consistency.
Sept 1999 – Dec 2008: Eastside Church, IT Manager, Webmaster
- Developed and maintained large interactive web sites with database driven content, streaming media, custom content management system, and skinnable designs.
- Developed web-enabled intranet applications to improve employee workflow and reduce paper.
- Reduced significant ongoing man-hours by automating daily web site updates with database driven web applications.
- Reduced Internet operating expenses by more than 75% by reorganizing ISP and hosting services.
- Engineered, implemented, and managed all network infrastructure and servers (Exchange mail, file, firewall, NET, DNS, DHCP).
- Supervised two IT support techs, managed network, servers, 50 computer systems and all large-scale office equipment.
- Managed IT budget and purchasing, negotiated equipment contracts.
- Improved bi-monthly publication from a two-color newsletter to full color magazine without increasing budget.
- Developed and implemented a plan and negotiated contracts to dramatically increase printing/copying capabilities without increasing cost.
- Improved quality of video productions and produced weekly commercials.
1997 – Sept 1999: Coos Bay Public Schools, Technology Tech II, Webmaster
- Responsible for desktop engineering and deployment of 1300 computer systems on one WAN across 12 LANS.
- Earned Microsoft Certified Professional and Microsoft Certified Product Specialist / Windows certifications.
- Built an Intranet and Internet web site consisting of several hundred pages. Trained others to manage portions of the site and managed user security.
- Increased staff efficiency by developing curriculum and teaching over 200 faculty in over fifty technology workshops.
- Deployed enterprise-wide backup system encompassing twelve lans and trained personnel to manage tape rotations.
1990 – Present: Business owner (4nets.com)
- Develop productive business web sites and administrate hosting servers.
- Provide web hosting, programming, and IT consulting services..
- Developed web presence, and worked with internet infrastructure for one of the first and largest ISPs in Southern Oregon.
- Developed a superb business reputation, well-known throughout southwestern Oregon.
- Saved clients thousands of dollars by developing innovative online applications, one of which was a pioneer in expanding the functionality of Internet appliances (enabling products such as WebTV to run software applications).
- Developed personnel management skills and supervised ten staff members.
- Sharpened systems analyst skills, and became extremely effective at applying technology to business solutions.
1984 – 1990: Franks Computer Center (full service computer store)
- Developed region’s leading business computer networking service.
- Earned several hardware and Novell Netware certifications.
- Promoted to Service Manager after demonstrating efficiency in PC and printer repair (employing A+ certification knowledge).
- Learned sales and customer service skills, excelling in public relations.
- Developed numerous custom software packages for business clients.
1983 – 1984: Self-employed, Programmer
- Developed several custom software packages and successfully marketed worldwide.
- Created exceptionally innovative software user interfaces with elements that later became standards.
- Developed curriculum and taught computer programming courses.